Montessori School Program Salt Lake City
Montessori is an individualized approach to education that helps each child reach their full potential in all areas of life. It is a student-centered approach that encourages creativity and curiosity and leads children to ask questions, explore, investigate and think for themselves as they acquire skills.
Our Montessori classroom is a child’s world, tiered to the size, pace and interests of boys and girls between the ages of 2 ½ and eight. It is designed to put the child at ease by giving them freedom in an environment prepared with attractive materials arranged on low shelves, within easy reach of even the smallest child.
Montessori School Program Activities
Our Montessori Sessions are conducted in a prepared environment, and consist of the following activities:
- Sensorial activities – enhances and enlarges the child’s sense of perceptions of the world.
- Practical life activities – child develops personal and social skills used in daily living.
- Reading and writing – child learns correct letter enunciation and letter formation.
- Mathematics – introduction to counting and arithmetic.
- Geography – child learns about the world’s different regions through geo-molds and puzzles.
- Science – interesting and fun activities that are “hands on” and “teacher and child friendly.”
Montessori Programs involve Salt Lake Child Care in their top priority.
— Maria Montessori
Please refer to our times and schedules for our Montessori Program in Salt Lake City.
Schedule an appointment today to see exactly how the Montessori program works.
Want to fine out more like what is Montessori or why Montessori?